Thursday, May 17, 2012

Honolulu, Hawaii Real Estate MLS Hotsheet 5/16-5/17/12 830a - Are you prepared for a disaster?



Here is the Thursday morning hotsheet.

       Customer Short Page

I came across this blog post by Honolulu Magazine about D.R. Horton's project in Makakilo working in an edible garden into the design. I really like this plan!

D.R. Horton to Offer Urban Food Gardens at Kahiwelo at Makakilo - Real Estate - May 2012


Do you have a "disaster preparedness kit" ready in your home? I came across a retweet yesterday of this @GetReadyHawaii account and it read,

"
RT : Is your emergency kit complete with 7 days of supplies per person? To learn more:". 

I was wondering what we were getting ready for. It turns out that the month of May is the month to raise national awareness about "disaster preparedness". Living in an island that is surrounded by the ocean in an area the would be very difficult to access if disaster hit, being prepared is important. Many of us here do not take the tsunami or hurricane warnings seriously because most of the time they do not hit us as severely as the warnings say they could potentially be. This is good that we've been rather lucky, but it's bad because we also don't bother preparing much. I personally do not have this "disaster preparedness kit" in my home and I know none of my family members do. My parents definitely don't and they live on the shore. I think we should at least get this kit together... just to be prepared.

Check out the rest of the awareness campaign here: http://www.getreadyhawaii.org/
http://www.getreadyhawaii.org/


The link(s) sent with this email will expire in 30 days on 6/16/2012.

Request a customized report with the specifications you would like to see. http://fb.me/RickNakamaR
Rick Nakama (R GRI) 808-382-6761 East Oahu Realty, Inc.

Information is believed reliable, but is not guaranteed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rick Nakama, REALTOR® RB-20356
Honolulu Real Estate


(808)382-6761
Rick Nakama Realty LLC
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...